Monday, June 13, 2011

Only 19 days to go....

I have only have 19 days left here in Crystal Lake and I've started to get really nervous. I don't have my host family yet and I've been making so many amazing new friends and I'm actually starting to become sad that I am leaving. Like wow. I have less than 3 weeks left here in my hometown with my silly little sister and older sister and my adorable puppies. Only 19 days before I finally have to say goodbye to all the wonderful people I have met in these past couple of weeks. At times I can be psyched out of my mind...but sometimes like now I'm just worried and scared. I've begun summer school and now I have even less time to spend with friends. I feel like theres no more time left anymore. I feel as if I need more time to say goodbye. Don't get me wrong though. The prospect of finally fulfilling my life long dream of living abroad in a foreign country has finally come true. It's almost like a fairy tale :) A wonderful and completely surreal fairy tale...Six months ago I never would've imagined getting to this point. I never expected to win this scholarship and be told "Congratulations...your going to India." Its absolutely amazing. But at times like this... I realize just how much I'm gonna miss waking up to my little sister Ashleigh running around acting like a complete dork while my older sister Katie scolds us all for leaving something as trivial as a napkin on the dining room table. Yes, I will even miss being bossed around by my controlling older sister. I'm gonna miss my dads amazing cooking and his funny voices he does to cheer me up. I will miss my mom and her sound and comforting advice. Doing something like this makes you realize just how special your family is and as a teenager it can be hard to appreciate what your family does for you and all of their little quirks. So appreciate what you have now...they won't always be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment